About Us...


LAURA MENDOZA
Spanish & English Teacher

I am a dedicated, ambitious and goal-driven educator with 15 years of progressive experience teaching in primary, high school and tertiary settings. I have a Bachelor degree in International Marketing and a Postgraduate degree in Industrial Education and Training. I am bilingual speaker (Spanish and English).
Since year 2000 when I commenced my career I have strived to achieve to provide activities and materials that engage and challenge students intellectually. My varied experiences give me a thorough understanding of implementing the use of information technology in lesson preparation.
For the last three years I taught Spanish classes in the Watsonia library as volunteer and private Spanish classes for adults.
In Australia I taught English classes in the AMEP program helping new migrant to integrate in Australian society. Currently I work in Preston languages institute and my new venture in La Ventana Language School.

CAROLINA HERNANDEZ
Spanish Teacher

I am from CĆ³rdoba, Argentina. I hold a Bachelor Degree in Social Communication from Universidad Nacional de CĆ³rdoba. My academic background in journalism has contributed significantly to my knowledge of Spanish grammar and the development of communication skill methods to teach Spanish.
I came to Australia in 2006 when I started to teach Spanish language to adults in group classes and individually. In 2009, I began working in various language centres teaching Spanish to adults for different purposes and at different levels.
My passion for teaching Spanish to children commenced when I started to assist and work as a Spanish language teacher at JosĆ© Gervasio Artigas Spanish Community School from 2009 until 2014. 
Over the past few years, I have developed a range of knowledge and experience in LOTE teaching by undertaking various training courses such as Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and LOTE Methodology and ICT Programs in the classroom.
Furthermore, I participated in several seminars about raising children bilingually, and I hold a current First Aid (Education & care setting) qualification. 
I am currently completing a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care.
In addition to my professional vocation, as a mother of two children born in Australia, I have a strong interest to create and promote Spanish learning contexts where children have the opportunity to enjoy and appreciate learning Spanish language and their culture.